- Decide what surface and pattern you will be making your mosaic on
- Different surfaces will require different amounts of grout.
- The mosaics can go on items that require a mold to make or on the tops of surfaces such as tables, pencil holders, mirrors. (below are some examples)
- Models can be made from silicone and items to recycle.
- Arrange stones into a design you like, then start gluing the design using a wood glue or a super glue onto the base surface.
- Repeat until all stones and tiles are in place, then wait an hour to dry
- Mix grout and water in a bowl 1:1 ratio.
- Place a plastic bag underneath your base surface so that excess grout can be reused.
- After an hour, spread grout over the stones to fill in cracks in between the stones. Use a scraper to scrape excess away.
- Wait about 25-30 minutes so that the grout is not set but also not super wet. Use a damp sponge to wipe grout off the surface of the mosaic stones surface. Be careful not to wipe too much off the cracks. By doing it slowly you can smooth out the lines in between the mosaic pieces
- Let dry for 24 hours in a cool spot.
- Enjoy 🙂
Here are some examples