Looking for a fun easy recipe to try this summer? Try our crepe recipe!
You will need:
- 1 c flour
- 1/2 c sugar
- 2 tbsp butter (melted)
- 1 1/2 c milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp vanilla
You can add more vanilla to heighten the flavor’s presence in your crepes. For those of you who do not eat eggs, you can use mashed bananas as a substitute instead!
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, butter (melt this in a microwave), milk, eggs, and vanilla with a whisk. Make sure there are NO chunks left in this mixture.
- Get a skillet/pan of any size and turn your stove on to medium heat. Once the pan/skillet is heated up sufficiently, take a stick of butter (or small cut slab of butter) and grease it.
- Pour a small amount of mixture into the pan and set the heat to low. Make sure the mixture is even.
- Once the underside of the crepe is cooked thoroughly (no large chunks and the top only soft/smooth), flip it with a spatula to the opposing side.
- Let this side cook for the next few minutes and ensure that it is also cooked thoroughly.
- Slide your crepe onto a plate and use your spatula to fold it into a burrito-like fashion.
- You can fill your crepe with fresh fruit tossed in sugar or chocolate chips. You can also top crepes with whipped cream and syrup as well!