Are you looking for some comfort food during these difficult times? Are you looking to get more adept at cooking while you have some free time? Do you like cookies? If you answered yes to any of these questions- then I have a great recipe for you! For today’s Quarantine Cooking, we’ll be making a Cookie In A Mug!
What You’ll Need
- 2 tbs. butter
- 1 tbs. sugar
- 1 tbs. brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tbs. all purpose flour
- 2 tbs. chocolate chip cookies
- One mug
- Measuring spoons
- One toothpick
- Melt 2 tbs. of butter in a small bowl for one minute. Pour the butter into the mug.
- In the same mug, pour the sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, vanilla extract and egg yolk into it. Make sure to separate the egg from its yolk- this is just the yellow center. Mix the ingredients together with a spoon.
- Pour the flour into the mug and mix again. Once the batter is nicely mixed together, pour the chocolate chips in and mix one last time.
- Use the spoon to smooth the top of the batter so that there surface has no bumps or bits sticking out.
- Place the mug in the microwave for one minute.
- Stick a toothpick into the mug after the minute is done. If there is clumps still sticking onto it, then reheat the mug for another 15-30 seconds. Keep an eye on your mug to make sure the cookie is not overcooked.
- And voila! Your cookie in a mug is done! You can serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or milk for the perfect comfort dessert!
Happy cookie making!